How To Prepare For Exam - Study Effectively For Exam

Today, I want to talk on how to study effectively for exams and with the exam season right around the corner I think now is a great time to talk about it and without further delay, lets dive in. 

 Number one is to stop procrastinating and have a study plan. 

I know that sounds really obvious but it's also one of the biggest mistake when studying for an exam. The last thing you would want to do is wait until the last second to study for exams.

until the last minute can get stressful and most of the times it can result in a grade that's not ideal, so, the best way to stop procrastination is by prioritizing and having a study plan if you haven't already, I suggest creating a schedule of when your exams are going to One of the ways I approach making a study plan is by actually quantifying the materials you have to know for an exam. so to make a simple study plan I like to quantify what I need to know and then divide it evenly by the number of days I have to study I then at a comprehensive review day or day a practice questions to really make sure I know my stuff and then I take the exam the next day. this is a basic skeleton I used to study for all my exams in my school as well as big exams. And for the most part, what you're going to study for first it's going to be dictated by which exams you have first but sometimes exams aren't spaced out evenly so be sure to prioritize the ones that are harder to study for, so for example if you find chemistry challenging then it makes sense to prioritize it over a subject you don't find as challenging.

How To Prepare For Exam ,Study Effectively For Exam

you have a plan on when to study my second tip is find an area where you can study. people have different choices when it comes to study locations. some people like to study in a quiet library or at home while others like to study in a café with some background noise. In both scenarios you would prefer to find an area where distractions are minimal. That means if student are easily distracted at home then consider studying in the library and alternatively if they're easily distracted by pupils then it will be better to study at home. my third tip is to change our study style for different subjects. Most classes demand a lot of memorizations while other classes demand a lot of applications and Experience.

so, for example classes like anatomy and pharmacology require a lot of memorization while a class like general chemistry and math require a lot of application. the best way to improve your grade is to keep doing practice questions this memorization can only get you so far. my fourth tip is to study in groups and avoid stressful people. one of my fondest memories in school is studying groups. it was like a security blanket because we were able to compare notes, help each other with concepts problems from practice questions and things like that. the key to having a productive group is making sure that everyone is on the same page and with that said there are some people that you may want to avoid. if you're studying with someone that you are close friends with, after a while it might be hard to stay on track because you may end up distracting each other so the best way to go about this is going back up to my first tip which is having plan schedule. when to meet up and what topics we'll cover and once you're done with that you can either go back to studying separately or move on to other classes to cover. I personally like to avoid people who stressed me out especially during exams and this might mean having some quiet time to yourself before exams instead of joining in on the conversation about what you know or don't know. I think anxiety can definitely play a big role in how people do an exam. so it's best to avoid people who would stress you out.

So ensure you stay as calm as possible before taking your exam. If you love this and would want to add more tips that has helped you, please use the comment section our blog

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form