How To Remember What You read

 Welcome to another episode of "the student roadmap. So previously we talked about how to write an exam, and there I showed you strategic points you should have noted down by now, on how to write an exam. So now, I'll be sharing with you "how to read and remember almost 90% of what you've read. Most a times, we find it difficult to remember what we've read no matter how hard we try, and this can really be frustrating. 

There are thons of ways you can actually use to achieve this, but those I haven't tested yet. Here, I'll share with you the exact steps I took that helped me to remember anything I read, even if it's the toughest course from Harvard University. 

This system works for anybody. Even the dumbest person on earth, if he uses this strategy can achieve tremendous success in remembering whatever he's been taught. I call this the "committed writing.

 Have you noticed that, whenever you take notes from a lecturer, and at the same time a friend is talking to you, there's every possibility you won't give attention to him or her: the reason is because, at that point, your brain is engaged. It's working simultaneously with your hand. 

Do you know you can also use this to commit surfs to your memory?? Let's get more serious... I'll love to share a story with you. Am an engineering student. The reason I had opted in for engineering was because I love mathematics. It literally run in my blood. I would prefer to solve a thousand question in mathematics than answering two questions that is full of GST( that is, English). This continued for a long time and was gradually affecting my grade as an undergraduate. I was doing very well in mathematics, but when it comes to English, I was no where to be found. Does it mean I am not smart? No. Does it mean I hate English language? Still No. The problem was, I was finding it difficult to remember anything I read in English language. My joy was that, I discovered this was an issue on time. So I started working towards seeing how to get a solution.

How To Remember What You read

 I was fortunate enough to meet a friend of mine who also had similar challenge and was able to get over it. Then he recommended I should try out this strategy.

Here is how I applied it. Whenever I find any subject that's difficult, after classes, once I get home, I wouldn't even bother to open my books, reason been that, I don't like studying when it's still day. So at night, I'll get an extra paper, a blank one at that. If there are points that seems note worthy, I'll underline them in my textbook ( for courses that have one), but if there's no textbook, I'll ensure whatever the lecturer stresses will be taken note of. After that, I'll be writing them out on the blank paper. I have at least two blank paper to do this. After writing the important point from the textbook on the first blank paper, I'll throw it away, pick another blank paper and write exactly the same thing I wrote on the previous, maybe with a slight change. Once I've written it twice, it automatically commits to memory. This has been my secret towards getting to know any difficult course. If you find this interesting, notify us in the comment sections

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form